Saturday, May 28, 2011

A poem by Calli-


 This Is Me
1997, that's the year that I was born,
Now I'm 2 + 11, Yeah that's right I'm 13.
My brother calls me a drama queen.
That's it, this is me, It's all I'm ever gonna be,
You're right, I say it plain,
At least I don't pretend that the sun is shining, when it's really pouring down rain.
I like to cook, love being outside,
I'd love to go on a horseback ride.
My eyes are green, my hair it's brown,
Mostly I smile, but sometimes I frown.
That's it, this is me, It's all I'm ever gonna be,
You're right I say it plain,
At least I don't pretend that the sun is shining, when it's really pouring down rain.
I'm just a girl living my life,
I've had much sorrow, I've had much strife.
But I've given my life to the Holy One,
Jesus Christ, God's precious son.
That's it, this is me, It's all I'll ever be,
You're right I say It plain,
At least I don't pretend that the sun is shining when it's really pouring down rain.

Calli wrote this poem earlier this year, yes, she does not pretend the sun is shining, when it is pouring down rain....and right now, the sun is still shining in our home :)

2 comments:

  1. Calli,
    I just read in this post that you'd love a horse back ride! Well you get better as I have a 14 year old daughter, that has Cystic Fibrosis and this year she received a horse through the Make a Wish foundation. It sounds like the two of you would be kindred spirits, and she would LOVE for you to ride Joey...whenever you are able.

    Keep those eyes on Jesus. You are an inspiration! <3<3

    In His Grip,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a horse you can ride whenever you would like (: i hope you get better soon,best of luck to you and your family, stay strong and pray!

    ReplyDelete

We love to know your reading! Your comments encourage us!