Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IT IS WELL :)

Today we took Calli for her MRI.  I went in with her, and they told me that the magnets were very strong, stronger than most others.  I brought in my bible, and read Psalms 30 to 80.  I was so blessed reading them aloud, praying them over Calli's life, singing them in songs to her.  I know she could not hear me over all the noise, and when the noise stopped I would not...I know the techs heard me, but I do not care anymore. 

Part way through the MRI, the whole room shook, and my hair rose up, and my body got hot and I had pin-prickles from my head to my toes.  I kind of got scared for a second there.  I have had several MRI's, and been in the room for her other two & this never happened before.  I thought, "Man, they were not kidding, that is a strong magnet."  They came in to put in the dye in to her IV, and I told the tech what happened, and flatly said "Hmmm...that is strange I never heard of that."   I said, "I must have some special magnet effect in my body or something, and laughed it off."   Right after that happened, Calli had a terrible asthma attack and her oxygen level dropped to 80.  It took 10 minutes to get her back up to 90, she was so shaken, sweaty and did not even know what happened. 

When the doctor came in with this MRI result, we could see the image of the tumor- was much smaller, than the image on the cd that I have in my purse from Lehigh's MRI.  Could it be that the other MRI was that off? 

As I sit and think of this experience today, I cannot help but know and believe that God shrunk that tumor, and let me feel just an itty bitty ounce of His power.  


ALL IS WELL.  ALL WILL BE WELL.  We fully trust God.  We are at peace, Mike & I are in agreement, and we are not afraid- not one bit.  The enemy comes in with discouragement, condemnation and wants to tell us lies, and destroy our faith, hope and assurance of God's plans.  These lies tell us that this is happening to our child because we lack faith, that it is our fault because we did something wrong, that we need to be corrected, or that we sinned, or that Calli did something..., that it is not healing unless she is fully healed at once....

Those lies, all come from what WE did or have done.  Us.  Mere men. 

What about God? 

What does HE say about all of this? 

In Isaiah 55:8-9, God says,  "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, and My ways, are far beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  In John, there was a boy blind from birth, and Jesus's disciples asked who sinned...the boy or his parents?  He was allowed to be blind, so that the power of God could be seen in the miracle. 

How dare I begin to question why God does what He does?  I am not going to begin to ask God why, He is allowing this in our lives.  I am so comforted just knowing that He will perfect that which concerns us, so I don't have to worry about it.  One thing I must do, is stay humble, and worship, and thank God for this time of growing and change in our lives.  I can adjust my attitude toward God, and situations that He allows and pray for Him to increase the measure of faith that He has given to me.  Lord increase our faith, forgive us for our unbelief.

8 comments:

  1. We may be strangers, yet I keep you and your family in my heart and prayers. Your strength is beautiful proof of God's work and his love. Thank you for sharing Calli's story. She is wise beyond her years, a beautiful soul. I am amazed and inspired by her courage and faith. God bless your sweet girl and wonderful family.

    ~Tammi Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew D. Schiedel(alias: daddy & Popey)May 31, 2011 at 7:25 PM

    I praise our GOD for watching over Calie through this 'trial of faith'. I am so proud of the MAN Mike is, the WOMAN Lucy is and the son & brother Aidan is. As close as THIS(Derstine) family already is...GOD is knitting them ever closer through ALL of this. I am confident this entire family will come through this more mature in CHRIST and prepared to encourage countless others in 'crisis'. WE LIVE IN THE 'LAST DAYS'. When CHRIST returns...will HE find faith on the earth? As far as THIS family goes...yes. I trust GOD. I trust the Derstines...From Mike, to Lucy, to Aidan...TO CALIE are ALL trusting GOD. Now What? Let's follow the CHRISTLIKE example of this family...Let us ALL trust and PRAISE GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy,
    It has been years (since you and Beth were in high school) since we have spent any real time together. It is bringing tears to my eyes as I see the trust and godly passion that the Spirit of Jesus has worked into your heart in those intervening years. There are people reading your postings who will be entering into Christ's eternal life because of the godly "infection" that you are spreading. As you clearly realize there are things more valuable than our continued physical life on this earth. To God be the glory!

    Love,
    Reed (rmerino@verizon.net)

    ReplyDelete
  4. " It is not the face of a man, but the feet."

    To me it means; Not what a man says but does that counts.

    Rom 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janelle RittenhouseJune 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM

    Your faith is so obviously strong in Jesus and I am so blessed to read this and to hold Calli up in pray with you! We serve an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and Amen. God shrunk the tumor. I was praying a believing that since I herd about the situation. We serve an awesome God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes and Amen. I was praying and believing that God would heal Cali before the surgery since this all started. We serve and awesome God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your strength is amazing, and I know where it comes from.

    ReplyDelete

We love to know your reading! Your comments encourage us!